Bharti Airtel launches Triple Play with Airtel digital TV interactive – Telephone, Broadband and now TV on a single line
- ● Interactive 2.0 offers real-time interactivity - customers can order pizzas and book movie tickets on their TV
- ● Time Shift TV transforms TV into a two-way experience - the viewer can pause and rewind live TV as well as auto-record and store favourite programmes for 7 days.
- ● Movie on Demand gives complete on-demand access to the largest library of movies with 100 block buster titles - any movie at any time
New Delhi, January 19, 2009: Bharti Airtel today announced the debut of its Triple Play Service with the launch of Airtel digital TV interactive - it’s Internet Protocol Television Service. With this, Airtel delivers the Triple Play Advantage of Telephony, broadband and Entertainment Service to its customers. The Triple Play Service will be initially available to customers in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida starting January 19, 2009.
On this occasion, Mr Atul Bindal, President-Telemedia Services, Bharti Airtel, said, “Today, with the launch of Airtel digital TV interactive, we begin offering the Triple Play Advantage offer to our customers - leading in with voice, then broadband and now television and video on demand. We offer our customers a Single Knock on The Door experience - a uniform Airtel Quality of Experience with a single Customer Service interface and a single unified bill for voice, broadband and TV and video entertainment.”
Airtel’s state-of-the-art IPTV Headend, with best-in-class MPEG4-10 compression technology, will allow it to offer more content and better quality images as well as services like live broadcast television, network based time-shifted TV, real video-on-demand and a host of other interactive services. Airtel will deliver its IPTV service to customers through a fibre backbone of Carrier Ethernet Network with last mile delivery on copper using ADSL2+ technology. This latest technology enables high-speed broadband connectivity which in turn delivers superior digital video and audio quality.
Besides the latest technology, Airtel digital TV interactive brings many firsts to the TV viewing experience:
- Interactive 2.0, which offers a completely interactive experience including the freedom of ordering pizzas and movie tickets from the comfort of your TV set. It promises to deliver a host of other innovative applications in the future.
- Time Shift TV, which transforms TV into a two-way experience, allowing the viewer to pause and rewind live TV as well as auto-record and store favourite programmes for 7 days.
- The largest expanding library of movies on Movie on Demand with 100 block buster titles which gives the viewer complete on-demand access - any movie at any time.
Customers can gain access to the future of TV entertainment on Airtel digital TV interactive by choosing from 2 entry packs–
A. Magic@ Home Pack - our Triple Play Plan - at Rs. 999 per month which gives 135 channels including 256 kbps broadband speed with unlimited download and a landline connection.
B. Combo Pack - our IPTV and Broadband Plan - at Rs. 599 per month which gives 117 channels including 256 kbps broadband speed with download limit of 2.5 GB
The service will be backed by 24x7 customer care.
About Bharti Airtel Limited:
Bharti Airtel Limited, a group company of Bharti Enterprises, is Asia’s leading integrated telecom services provider with operations in India & Sri Lanka and has an aggregate of over 88 million customers. Bharti Airtel Limited has been voted as India's most innovative company, in a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal.
Bharti Airtel is structured into three strategic business units - Mobile services, Telemedia services and Enterprise services. The mobile business offers services in India & Sri Lanka. The Telemedia business provides broadband & telephone services in 95 cities, DTH services and is foraying into the IPTV segment. The Enterprise business provides end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national & international long distance services to carriers. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand. Airtel’s high-speed optic fibre network currently spans over 83,389 kms covering all the major cities in the country. The company has two international landing stations in Chennai that connects two submarine cable systems - i2i to Singapore and SEA-ME-WE-4 to Europe. For more information, visit www.bhartiairtel.in