Bharti Foundation announces the adoption of Dr. Kalam’s Teachers’ Oath by Satya Bharti School Teachers
- ● 11-point Teacher’s Oath administered by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at Satya Bharti Adarsh Senior Secondary School, Sherpur Kalan, Ludhiana (Punjab).
- ● Initiative to catalyse the movement of a strong education system in the schools run by the Bharti Foundation.
Ludhiana, August 29, 2014: Bharti Foundation, the development arm of Bharti Enterprises, today announced the adoption of the ‘Teachers’ Oath’ authored by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Former President of India. The oath was administered by Dr. Kalam to the teachers of Satya Bharti School, members of the Governing Body and Bharti Foundation staff at the Satya Bharti Adarsh Senior Secondary School, Sherpur Kalan, Ludhiana (Punjab). Present on the occasion were Mr. Rakesh Bharti Mittal, Co – Chairman, Bharti Foundation and Vice-Chairman, Bharti Enterprises and Mr. Vijay Chadda, CEO, Bharti Foundation.
Dr. Kalam’s Teachers’ Oath intends to instil positive behavioural change and a sense of ownership among the teachers, towards the holistic development of their students. The standards in the oath embody not just delivering lessons, but also ensuring education where a student develops in body, mind and spirit matching with Bharti Foundation’s belief in building confidence, passion and motivation among teachers. The Oath has been initiated to catalyse the movement of a strong education system in the schools run by the Foundation and is being adopted across all Satya Bharti Schools and Satya Bharti Learning Centres.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, said, “The oath serves as a fundamental reference for all teachers of India, and with Bharti Foundation facilitating its absorption into its teaching programs, I am hopeful of realising a resurgent India through the citizens of tomorrow.”
Speaking at the event, Mr. Rakesh Bharti Mittal, said, “The oath is intrinsic to Bharti Foundation’s vision ‘to help underprivileged children and young people of our country realise their potential’. The initiative holds great importance for Bharti Foundation as it marks the coming together of the concept of a Satya Bharti School Teacher with the principles laid down in Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s Teachers’ Oath. We are positive that the underlying values and beliefs will go a long way in guiding the teachers to build a strong foundation for the children’s future.”
The ideologies embedded in this oath blend well with the teaching philosophy of Bharti Foundation that exemplifies the confidence, passion and motivation for teaching. Satya Bharti Schools’ teaching guidelines help manifest skills and expertise in a teacher, envisioning a role model in them for their students.
To mark the importance of the principles of the Oath in perpetuity, it will be signed by all the teachers of Satya Bharti Schools on Teacher’s Day every year. To further underline its significance, the Oath will be absorbed into the formal administrative mechanism of the schools by including it in the Induction Kit for new teachers and be shared during other meaningful teacher initiatives.
The Teacher’s Oath:
- ● First and foremost, I will love teaching. Teaching will be my soul.
- ● I realize that I am responsible for shaping not just students but ignited youths who are the most powerful resource under the earth, on the earth and above the earth. I will be fully committed to the great mission of teaching.
- ● As a teacher, it will give me great happiness, if I can transform an average student of the class to perform exceedingly well.
- ● All my actions with my students will be with kindness and affection like a mother, sister, father or brother.
- ● I will organize and conduct my life, in such a way that my life itself is a message for my students.
- ● I will encourage my students and children to ask questions and develop the spirit of enquiry, so that they blossom into creative enlightened citizens.
- ● I will treat all students equally and will not support any differentiation on account of religion, community of language.
- ● I will continuously build capacities in teaching so that I can impart quality education to any students.
- ● I will celebrate the success of my students.
- ● I realize by being a teacher, I am making an important contribution to all the national development initiatives.
- ● I will constantly endeavor to fill my mind, with great thoughts and spread the nobility in thinking and action among my students.